From the Fusion Firearms machine floor, 80% 1911 Frames for the gunsmith and home 1911 builder alike. These 70 series frames are precision CNC machined from 4140 alloy steel (Bar-Stock) and heat treated 28-32 Rc for exceptional wear resistance and yield strength. All frames are set-up with a standard barrel ramp configuration. These 80% frames are the best of the best being precision machined using "state-of-the-art" CNC manufacturing processes from solid bar-stock steel and NOT CASTING. This frame can be machined with grip safety tangs (to be used with a conventional GI grip safeties) or a .250" radius cut for more modern beavertail grip safeties. These frames are all new production and not rejects or returns from larger OEM manufacturers.
These Frames Include:
- Trigger track is complete
- Disconnector, Ejector, Slide Stop, Thumb Safety, & Grip Safety hole and machining operations complete
- Magazine slot is complete and broached
- Magazine entrance is bevel machined for magazine clearance
- Magazine catch and lock machined
- Original rugged, Colt style 70 Series
- Matte blasted surface finished
- All other machining operations are complete other than the "Operations Left" below.
Operations left to be machined:
- Cutting of the slide rails
- Cutting of the barrel seat
- Drilling of the hammer pin hole
- Drilling of the sear pin hole